Thursday, March 5, 2009

If I were the boss?

If I were the boss, the first thing I would do is take a vacation off the coast of Panama for two weeks, to which I would do no boss work at all.

When I finally return back to my boss job at some multinational, multi-billion dollar company, I’d go straight into my corner office on the 32nd floor, and order Suzy to get me a choc chino and a blue berry muffin, to which she would knock on the door, and I would shout at her for taking too long and find some kind of fault with the choc chino, but drink it anyway. After my choc chino and muffin, I’ll open the cupboard on the far right hand side of my office and watch “Bad Boys” one or two for the umpteenth time because it is one of my favourite movies; on my big screen TV, with surround sound.

I would not be a bad boss, certainly not an unrealistic one either; I have worked hard to get to the top and I know the time and energy that it takes one to make that journey. I would be fair, and passionate, and give everyone a fair chance to voice his or her opinions. I would be reasonable and value my employees, rewarding adequately, and realising the potential in them, we will need each other to grow, and succeed as one company.

After the hard day at the office, finishing at two in the afternoon, I walk down to the parking lot, to my blue Shelby Mustang GT500. The drive home is mostly uneventful, but I get the satisfaction of knowing I get to do it all again tomorrow and that next week I’ll be on the exotic shores of Brazil.

“What! There’s no harm in dreaming…”

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed reading this post. It is creative and imaginative :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the sound of your office on the 32nd floor!!! Big screan T.V. and and movies, I think I would come hang with you all day at work!

    Oh and I so second finishing work at 2pm!

    P.S. I want your car!

    ReplyDelete